I’m Living with Abuse
If you are in an emergency situation
If you are in an emergency situation, call 911.
If you are in a crisis
If you are in a crisis, you can call the Assaulted Women’s Helpline:
1 866 863 0511 / TTY 1 866 863 7868
- Find out about the signs of violence to see if you are being abused.
- Find out about how to plan for your safety, while staying with the person abusing you or if you are preparing to leave.
- Find out about legal support, including how reporting violence may impact your immigration status.
- Find out where you can go to get support.
If you are seeing abuse or violence
If you are seeing abuse or violence, and you want to know how to support someone, check the I Want to Help.
If you are participating in abusive behaviour
If you think you are participating in abusive behaviour, it is possible for you to change that behaviour and reduce the harm.
- Find out if your actions or behaviour are abusive.
- Find out what the signs of abusive behaviour are.
- Find out how to get help for your abusive behaviour.